Terms of Service
· Drivers must be between the ages of 25 and 65 years of age and have been continuously driving for two (2) consecutive years.
· Drivers must hold a valid and current Barbados Driver's License. If the Driver possesses a valid Driver's License from another jurisdiction, a Barbados Driver's Permit will be provided by an Electric Car Rentals Inc. representative.
· All drivers will be required to complete a Driver's Insurance Declaration Form prior to the rental of any vehicle. Drivers must satisfy the minimum requirements on the Declaration Form. Electric Car Rentals Inc. reserves the right to refuse any renter.
· All our vehicles are comprehensively insured except for a deductible of US$2,500 in case of loss, accident or damage -regardless of fault. The Excess Waiver is available and recommended to cover this deductible. When the Excess Waiver is purchased, responsibility for the deductible is reduced to US$125. Upon return, your rental vehicle will be inspected and one of our representatives would determine if the vehicle has been returned in the same condition as delivered.
· Excess waiver excludes all reversing damage, overhead, undercarriage, water damage, cigarette burns to upholstery, abuse and negligence.
· Excess Waiver is void if vehicle is used on an unsealed road.
· Excess Waiver is void if the driver is not a listed Authorized Driver.
· If Excess Waiver is not purchased or is voided, you are held fully responsible for the cost of any repair up to the value of the vehicle and your cash deposit will be forfeited. Your Insurance may cover all or only part of the financial liability for the rented vehicle. You should check with your insurance company regarding their coverage and what they are and are not liable for.
Additional Driver's Permit:
· Additional permit required per additional driver.
· You authorize all amounts due and that may arise under this Rental Agreement to be charged to the credit card provided for payment.
· Daily Rates apply to each 24 hour period.
· Charges will apply if the vehicle is returned with less fuel than the check out fuel reading.
· You are responsible for ALL road and traffic fines incurred, in addition to an administration fee of US$100 that will be charged per fine.
· Lost keys will incur a charge equal to the replacement cost.
· You are responsible for the full vehicle value of any vehicle that is not returned to Electric Car Rentals Inc.
· You, other drivers, and passengers must wear seat belts. Defaulters face a fine of US$250 each.
· If you cancel your booking on the same day the reservation is made, and prior to collection of vehicle, a full refund will be issued and no cancellation fee will apply.
· If you cancel your booking no less than 48 hours prior to collection, you will receive a full refund less US$50 which will be applied by way of compensation to Electric Car Rentals Inc.
· If you cancel your booking within 48 hours prior to the rental date and time shown in your reservation, an amount equal to 50% of the total payment amount will be applied as compensation to Electric Car Rentals Inc.
· If you do not collect your vehicle and do not cancel, there is no refund.
Regardless of insurance coverage, you shall fully indemnify Electric Car Rentals Inc. for any loss, damage, and legal actions, including reasonable attorney fees that Electric Car Rentals Inc. suffers due to your use of the vehicle during the term of this Agreement, including but not limited to, damage to the Vehicle, damage to the property of others, injury to you, and injury to others. This provision survives the termination of this Agreement.
Electric Car Rentals Inc. will not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property left in or on the vehicle.
Electric Car Rentals Inc. represents that to the best of our knowledge and belief that the Vehicle is in sound and safe condition and free of any known faults or defects that would affect its safe operation under normal use.
You agree that you will not:
(a) use the Vehicle to carry any passengers or property for hire or reward.
(b) allow any other person to operate the Vehicle other than those listed as Authorized Drivers on the Insurance Declaration Form;
(c) operate the Vehicle in violation of any laws or for an illegal purpose and that if you do, you are responsible for all associated, tickets, fines, and fees;
(d) use the Vehicle to push or tow another vehicle;
(e) use the Vehicle for any race or competition;
(f) operate the vehicle in a negligent manner; and that
(g) all listed drivers are between the age of 25 and 65 years of age and have been driving continuously for more than two (2) consecutive years.
Return of Vehicle:
The vehicle must be returned promptly at the time stipulated on the contract. Failure to return the vehicle on time will result in the levy of a late charge, not to exceed 50% of the daily rate on the vehicle for each and every hour such vehicle is late.
This policy covers how we use your personal information. We take your privacy seriously and will take all measures to protect your personal information. Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
Disputes and Governing Law:
The laws of Barbados without regard to any conflict of law principles govern this Agreement. No action arising out of the transactions under this Agreement may be brought by either Party more than one year after the cause of action has accrued.
The insurance shall be covered by the laws of Barbados, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, doubt or question arising hereunder, and in the event of action, claim and damage by third party under or by virtue of this insurance, the liability of the insurers to indemnify in such event shall be limited to judgments delivered or obtained in the first instance in a court of competent jurisdiction in Barbados.